Cultural Liaison/FUSON Afterschool Program Facilitator
Restoration for All, Inc. (REFA),
1870 50th St. E Ste #10
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
About the Employer and the Future Solution Now (Project FUSON)
Restoration for All Inc. (REFA) is an organization that partners with youths, women, and communities to restore their cultural connections by addressing trauma, promoting socio-economic, cultural well-being, and resilient connections. Our mission is to nurture and empower individuals, organizations, and communities to discover, renew, and restore their cultural connections with improved economic and socio-cultural well-being.
Future Solution Now (Project FUSON) is a proven and esteemed program that provides African Immigrant and Refugee girls with information, skills, and support to help them become aware of all career opportunities in STEM while encouraging them to recognize their personal skills and abilities by leveraging ethnic entrepreneurship to fill an ethnic niche for them to achieve economic inclusion and self-sufficiency using culturally appropriate strategies. Participants will attend a weekly after-school program of 60 to 120 minutes in length including school release days and weekends but does not include summer. Program serves students ages 10 – 18 residing in Ramsey County.
Under the management of the FUSON Afterschool Program Director, the Cultural Liaison/FUSON Afterschool Program Facilitator help facilitate and manage groups of Afterschool Program participants. The Cultural Liaison/FUSON Afterschool Program Facilitator will act as a cultural liaison between participating schools, communities, and FUSON Afterschool Program partners as well as promote REFA’s mission.
Examples of Duties – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Facilitate the day-to-day operations of Project FUSON working closely with the FUSON Afterschool Program Director, Project Coordinator and FUSON Afterschool Program partners.
Participate in the implementation of all necessary systems to support Project FUSON activities including recordkeeping, data collection; maintain assessment results.
Attend required training and meetings as requested.
Encourage the personal and social development of participants.
Coordinate with FUSON Afterschool Program Director, Project Coordinator, and FUSON Afterschool Program partners for the implementation of logistical plans, assessments, curriculum development, etc.
Provide support at annual FUSON Summit/other special events such as African Parent Day, etc.
Assists in promoting Project FUSON by providing information to parents, community stakeholders, and volunteers.
Communicates with parents on a regular basis to establish a positive relationship with the organization staff and culture.
Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed or are pursuing a degree/diploma in education, social work, human services, or a related discipline will be considered.
- Experience working with refugee and newcomer populations preferred.
- Experience working with immigrant families from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Fluency in
another language other than English will be considered an asset.
- Candidate must be flexible to switch to online, virtual delivery as Project FUSON is a hybrid program model.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Having a driver’s license and personal transportation is recommended.
- Willingness to perform all job duties with enthusiasm and a positive outlook.
- Deep appreciation for teamwork and drive to be part of a high-level team.
- Candidate must demonstrate flexibility, leadership abilities, and strong communication skills.
- Fully vaccinated.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
10 hours per week
Hourly pay is $20 -25/hour and is commensurate based on experience and qualifications of the candidate. Payroll is paid according to normal payroll practices with employees paid twice a month.
Mid-February 2022/Early March
Based exclusively on availability of grant funding for 30 months
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and job application form to:
1870 50th Street E. Suite 10,
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077